Weston-Super-Mare is approximately 20 miles South of Bristol. The town is a 5-minute drive from the M5 motorway, which links to Bristol, the South West and the M4. There are also multiple train stations across the town which link through to London Paddington. Its location, close to a major city but surrounded by beautiful countryside, provides those living here with an ideal work/life balance.
The Town’s college is rated amongst the top performing colleges in the UK and attracts some of the country’s brightest students and teaching staff alike. It has recently secured University centre status in partnership with the University of the West of England and is working towards making Weston-Super-Mare a University town within the next five years. The college offer a variety of qualifications including BA and BSc hons and has award winning apprenticeship schemes on offer. The college is also creating a wider link with the University West of England (UWE) to attract affluent, foreign students into the town, therefore significantly boosting the local economy.
Other positive factors benefitting area:
- 47% of residents work in management, associated professional and technical occupations
- North Somerset has a higher rate of residents with NVQ Level 4 and above than the South West and England and Wales
- The M5 motorway corridor (within one mile of the site) provides excellent road links to the South West and the rest of the UK. Drive time to London approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Weston is only 30 minutes from Bristol Airport from where it is possible to fly to 100 destinations in the UK, the USA (e.g. New York) and Europe (e.g. Madrid, Paris and Geneva)
- 6,000 new homes recently built by Persimmon and other developers
- North Somerset is the most affordable area within the Bristol City region.
Over recent years, the area has benefited from significant commercial investments and award-winning regeneration schemes including:
- £41 million of seafront and town centre regeneration
- £45 million town centre redevelopment at Dolphin Square for retail and leisure use
- £70 million investment by Weston College at sites including the University Campus, South West Skills Campus, Knightstone Campus, Construction Skills Centre, Health and Active Living Centre.
- £20 million Knightstone Island redevelopment by Redrow
- £15 million ‘Weston Package’ to upgrade Junction 21 and relocate the Weston Parkway railway station
- £39 million Grand Pier investment
- £9.7 million Town Hall transformation project.
- £100 million Enterprise Area investment unlocking thousands of jobs and attracting a variety of new business to the Town.
Dowlas Property Group work with both landowners and end user/ occupiers to bring forward viable schemes in and around Weston-Super-Mare. We have supported businesses to relocate to new offices, unlocked over 600 homes to be built and brought forward over £50 million worth of investments to the town. Please get in touch if you would like to find out how we can support you, firstname.lastname@example.org
#WestonSuperMare #Investment #DecadeofDowlas